Apply for Free School Meals / Pupil Premium
ELIGIBILITY FOR FREE SCHOOL MEALS AND PUPIL PREMIUM
You may qualify if you are a parent, guardian or carer and receive one of the following:
- Income Support (IS) or you are a pupil receiving the benefit in your own right
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance (IBJSA)
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999; or
- Child Tax Credit (but not Working Tax Credit) and have an annual income (as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
- Children who get any of the above benefits in their own right (ie they get benefits payments directly, instead of through a parent or guardian) can also get free school meals.
If you feel you may be eligible, use this link to apply:
OR GET IN TOUCH WITH BENEFITS INFORMATION
- Email: Benefits@cheshirewestandchester.gov.uk
- Telephone: 0300 123 7021, Monday to Friday 8am to 7pm
- By post: Revenues and Benefits Department, PO Box 187, Ellesmere Port, Cheshire, CH34 9DB
If your child may be eligible because of your family’s income level, please register them; even if you do not wish them to have the meals, this would mean our school could still claim Pupil Premium Funding that can be used to help your child's education.
What is Pupil Premium?
This funding is to provide additional support to pupils who are: entitled to or who have been entitled to Free School Meals in the last 6 years; those who are ‘Looked After’ by the Local Authority; those that have been adopted; or those who are ‘Service Children’.
The aim of the funding is to ensure that each child’s attainment is maximised and their educational experience enhanced.